Supporters of Love

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Untitled By:Author Unknown


You know, one of the main reasons I started this blog and grass roots movement is because it is such a taboo subject for people to talk about.  Choosing a cause to support is a deeply personal issue and, of course, I have my reasons.  There is also a reason why I call this blog The "Compassion" Fashion Project.  Compassion is just not common enough and sometimes when you need your friends the most they bail on you, because what you are going through makes them feel uncomfortable.  BUT, what you have to remember is that no matter how uncomfortable it is for YOU, it is ten times worse for her.

She cannot change what she is feeling for you.  Recovering from a violent relationship is a process and one of the most confusing things one can go through.  Being there for her as a friend is the best thing you can do.  Will she go back?  Maybe she will, maybe she won't, but you have to give her the respect she deserves to make her own decisions and go through whatever emotions she needs to feel on her own time.  I'm not a domestic violence expert and I do not claim to be, but one thing I know for sure is that I'm a true friend.
~Meredith Cavaness Corning

"Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art... It has no survival value; rather is one of those things that give value to survival."
- C. S. Lewis

1 comment:

  1. Your blog has a heart and that's something you have going for you ladies. A little goes a long way.

    I am now a follower on bloglovin & Google Friend Connect.
    Continue what you are doing and I wish you all the best! <3

    http://moderndaydamsel.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete