Supporters of Love

Monday, February 21, 2011

We Were Nominated for Link Love's Best Blog Posts!

LINK LOVE with a TWIST, February 21, 2011

Confession: this was originally meant to be the Link Love post for the week of February 14th. As some of you noticed, I wasn’t able to post at all this past week but these submissions were too good to pass up! I thank you for being patient with me and, with no further delay, present… some wonderful link love…

If you’ve already read some of these submissions I hope you’ll revisit each and allow them to touch you again. If you haven’t yet read them I know you’ll discover something wonderful!

*********

Center Sage – We’re on the right track: Kristy ElĂ©na of Full Time Fabulous submitted this beautiful post because “really great outfit posts are so inspirational and when I look at these photos I am completely transported into another place. I feel strength of character, challenging the unknown, independence, adventure, journey — I adore it.”

The Citizen Rosebud – Let Your Light Shine: Beauty at 40: Brooke of Center Sage submitted this truly heartwarming post because it is “an inspirational tribute to not only Bella’s friend, but to confident and beautiful women everywhere. Bella herself is a prime example of the inner and outer beauty that this post radiates.”

The Compassion Fashion Project – Support Charlotte Fairchild’s Fashion Wraps for a Cause: This wonderful post was submitted by Stephanie of The-Loudmouth. She picked this as her favorite post of the week because “the Compassion Fashion Project is an awesome blog that features companies and individuals who use their design skills for good. This entry details Charlotte, the founder of a non-profit called Fear Thou Not. She makes pretty scarves, wraps and ponchos for domestic violence survivors!”

Diversions –Oh Kasperle!: Sometimes posts touch us in unexpected ways. “In this post, Stef shares childhood memories of Kasperle, a wooden hand puppet common in the Germanophone world. It’s a memory I share and the her post made me feel intensely nostalgic. I think others will love this post too, even if they have never heard of Kasperle!,” said Franca of Oranges and Apples.

Dramatis Personae – Finance & the Fashion Blogger: the Culture of Credit Cards: Eboni Ife’ of The Fashionista Next Door decided to share this post for a number of great reasons. She says “I was a sociology major so it’s no surprise that things like this intrigue me. I find it interesting that what we (US citizens) perceive as normal (using a credit card at McDonald’s) is totally crazy in other countries. My husband is French and I thought it was just his family. I had no idea that financial conservatism was a cultural thing.”

For Those About to Shop – Eating Disorders Awareness Week: I wish I had posted this list last week so this particular entry had been a bit more timely. Regardless, the content is just as valuable today! Mrs. Bossa of Mrs. Bossa Does the Do picked this piece because “this thought-provoking post had a refreshing and realistic take on how we need to reassess our relationship with our bodies.”

her waise choice – A Sliver of Masculinity: Casee Marie of The Girl Who Stole the Eiffel Tower selected this post because “Jen of HWC has a way of revolutionizing an outfit post. More than just wearing clothes, she gets into the essence of fashion and reminds her reader of the art behind dressing. I’m always inspired by both her photos and the accompanying written content, but this post in particular had me looking at my closet with renewed creativity every day this week.”

Lizabellys – I am a Queen: “I picked the post just because from my internet browsing from the week this one was the post that stood out the most. It brought back some fond memories but also raised some fantastic points about self esteem issues.” – Arash Mazinani

Oranges and Apples – My Name is Franca and I am a Feminist: The love Bella Q of The Citizen Rosebud feels for this post runs deeper than just this one entry. She selected this post because she “loved Franca’s post on being a Feminist, and the conversation’s she and Mrs. Bossa are getting started regarding Feministas: fashion lovers, and Feminists.”

Passionated – Be Happy, Not Tomorrow, Now: This one is my pick for the week. Sometimes a post touches us because of its simple message. This one challenge us to love OURSELVES and not let the naysayers bring us down. No one can knock us down unless we let them.

Statements in Fashion – Big…..Bigger…. Better: My Weight Loss Journey: Marissa of The Well-Appointed Catwalk decided to submit this post because it touched her emotionally. “Collette’s honesty is an inspiration. This completely blew me away,” she says.

**********

Thank you to everyone who took the time to submit their favorite post of the week!

If you would like to submit a post for inclusion in the next edition of Link Love with a TWIST, please do so here.

If you would like to publish this post on your own blog, the code can be found here.

2 comments: