Supporters of Love

Monday, July 25, 2011

Letter From the Editor





I suppose I have always had the firm affirmation that we all, somehow are connected by a divine thread...I know, I know, it sounds a little hippie dippy, but stay with me here.  We all find ways at times to tap into the "good" in even the most otherwise despicable people: Theory proven.

The life of a writer can be somewhat hermetic, I suppose, unveiling hidden interests through solitude, the silence and yes, even the loneliness.  Inside those dark recesses of the mind linger shadowed emotions, past traumas and above all awareness.  We all have at some point become fixated on one particular action or person and do not see that these external factors are immediately influenced by some underlying internal emotion that has not been properly dealt with.

I was feeling a bit disconnected with myself, my core, recently when my husband and I decided to head up north to the mountains.  I always seem to find my way back to my center here through the dusty rocks, perhaps somewhere buried in their tiny crevices.  So, when we drove by a sign that said "Wildflower Area," I prompted us to stop.  It has been so hot here that there were no wildflowers in sight, but I was determined.  We walked through the fields of dry, brittle grass, but there were no blossoms to be seen.  Then, as if the universe had put her there just for me below the shadows of the tall trees- a single yellow dandelion.  I stuck the little bud behind my ear and we took this photo.

Life is about growing through human connections that we make here on earth.  Nobody can walk through this life alone and as we accept that fact, we become more open to the people and events that take place sometimes in the most mysterious ways.  My message here today can be summed up in one word...GROWTH.  Do not over think it, do not be afraid, because when we create with honest and good "intent," nothing can harm us.

6 comments:

  1. Fantastic, we could all stand to stop and smell the flowers a little more. Over thinking is my major flaw. Sometimes we all just need to stop, be silent, and listen to our surroundings and the clues the cosmos and universe is giving us. Bravo Meredith. Fantastic read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much. This is the first time I have written a "Letter From the Editor" and I just thought it was high time people understand who I am and that we are all so similar. I appreciate everyone who supports this initiative~Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  3. Life message: never give up looking for flowers in a field of dust...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for writing this. It is what I needed to remember. I love you my sister! Amber Besancon Davis.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, shucks:-) I love you ladies! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Meredith! I adore you and if you ever are feeling any sort of down you just let me know, I will do what I can :). I am your friend and here for you.

    I used to be very closed, not antisocial, but closed, and to some degree I'm still pretty private, buuuut! Letting people in and knowing that there are people you can trust and believing that people are good has made my life more beautiful. I just adore the message in this post, friend and the image of you there is stunning.

    ReplyDelete