Well, it is official! The Compassion Fashion Project and Today's THV are hosting an event on November 10, 2011 at Bar Louie in Little Rock to benefit the non-profit Women and Children First. This is a Swap for Good party and the idea is to swap your clothing, accessories or personal care products with other women in attendance. Because you will be getting new goodies for yourself for FREE, we will be asking for small donations from our guests that will be forwarded onto Women and Children First.
"The mission of Women and Children First is to empower women and their children to live independently and free from domestic violence by providing crisis intervention, safe shelter, social/legal advocacy and support services."~Women and Children First
Here are the "rules" of the clothing swap:
- Each guest is required to bring in 5 items for swap.
- Each item will be evaluated upon entering the swap and placed in a category from 1-3 (1-excellent condition, 2- good condition, 3-fair condition). Each of your items will receive a tag with your name and category.
- You will be asked to pick two items to place in our open "bazaar" style shopping area. The other three items you bring, you may walk around and "swap" with the items brought by other guests.
- When you find something you would like to swap with, remove the tag we provided for you upon entering and exchange it with your item of choice's tag. Make sure you swap within the same category of your item.
- To keep things organized, we will ask that you place your item you are swapping in the same location you found your "new" item. This way when that person comes to find their new gift, they can find it in the same spot they left it and their name/category tag will be attached.
We will also have a special appearance by Today's THV's Dawn Scott who is on the Board of Directors at Women and Children First and we feel very lucky and proud to have her support.
The Compassion Fashion Project would like for you to consider donating at least one of your items from the swap or bring in additional items for donation. Items you can bring for swap include adult women's clothing, handbags, accessories and unused personal care products. You are welcome to bring in children's clothing for donation, but these items cannot be used in the swap.
Most of all we want you to have a fabulous time and feel great about doing something good in your community. We will have the wonderful fashion photographer, Bobby Haws with Bobby Haws Photography documenting our evening. These photos will be used as keepsakes for those in attendance as well as editorials following the event. I hope to see you all there and if you have any questions at all, please feel free to contact: